COVID-19: Efforts We’re Taking To Keep Our Patients, Staff, And Community Safe
At St. Raphael’s Dental Care, now and always, our mission is to walk beside you and your family as you prioritize your oral and overall health – for life!
Like you, our team is focused on staying healthy while doing everything we can to protect those around us. Above and beyond our already strict and thorough health and safety protocols, we’re taking extra precautions to avoid the spread of infectious disease, as outlined by the Ontario Dental Association. You can rest assured that our dental practice is among the safest and most-sterile atmospheres you can be in.
Throughout each restriction level put in place, it’s important to note that dentistry is considered an essential service. To ensure that you continue to prioritize your oral health and receive the care you need, here are the steps we’re taking to focus on your safety.
Along with our existing sterilization protocols, we will:
- Pre-screen patients for COVID-19 symptoms via telephone and again on arrival. (You can review the questions we’ll ask you below.)
- Take your temperature once you’ve arrived.
- Reschedule appointments for patients who are exhibiting symptoms or other risk factors.
- Provide patients access to alcohol-based hand gel throughout the practice, along with soap, water, and single-use towels.
- Regularly sterilize all non-treatment areas, including waiting areas, washrooms, and consultation rooms. Door handles will also be sanitized after each use.
In addition, our team will…
- Use full PPE, including face shields, masks, and gloves.
- Restrict their use of mobile phones while in the practice.
- Practice social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- Encourage all new patients to complete and submit their online confidential intake form prior to their visit.
As COVID-19 continues to affect our community, it brings many changes that affect our lives at home, work, school, and at the dental office. We understand that leaving home may cause feelings of anxiety for some patients, which is why, along with our commitments to safety, we’re focused on additional ways to help you feel at ease during your next visit.
If you have any questions whatsoever about our care or safety protocols, we encourage you to call! One of our team members will answer your questions, openly and clearly.
Treatment Plan Fulfilment
To optimize and maintain your healthy smile, it’s vital that we work together to be proactive about your care. If you’ve had to reschedule even one dental appointment with us, please call today! We’ll arrange an appointment as soon as possible and help get your oral and overall health back on track.
What questions are part of Patient Screening?
Because COVID-19 infection remains a concern in our community, we will screen patients leading up to their appointments by asking a series of health-related questions. Screenings will happen over the phone when we confirm your appointment date and time, and at the practice before your appointment. Here are some of the questions we’ll ask you…
- Do you have fever symptoms?
- Have you felt hot or experienced any chills in the last two weeks?
- Have you experienced any shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties recently?
- Do you have cold symptoms, including a cough, raspy voice, sore throat, or a runny or congested nose?
- Are you experiencing unusual and/or persistent fatigue?
- Do you have – or have you experienced – an ongoing headache in the past two weeks that’s unusual for you?
- Are you experiencing any stomach sensitivities, including diarrhea?
- Do you have pink eye (conjunctivitis) symptoms?
- Have you experienced a loss of taste or smell recently?
To keep everyone safe, if your answer to any of these questions is ‘yes,’ we may reschedule your appointment at a date when you are no longer experiencing symptoms.
We truly appreciate your understanding and trust in our team, and we look forward to caring for your smile in the near future!
Yours in excellent oral health,
The St. Raphael’s Dental Care Team