COVID-19: Efforts We’re Taking To Keep Our Patients, Staff, And Community Safe
Along with our existing sterilization protocols, we will:
- Pre-screen patients for COVID-19 symptoms via telephone and again on arrival. (You can review the questions we’ll ask you below.)
- Take your temperature once you’ve arrived.
- Reschedule appointments for patients who are exhibiting symptoms or other risk factors.
- Provide patients access to alcohol-based hand gel throughout the practice, along with soap, water, and single-use towels.
- Regularly sterilize all non-treatment areas, including waiting areas, washrooms, and consultation rooms. Door handles will also be sanitized after each use.
In addition, our team will…
- Use full PPE, including face shields, masks, and gloves.
- Restrict their use of mobile phones while in the practice.
- Practice social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- Encourage all new patients to complete and submit their online confidential intake form prior to their visit.
Treatment Plan Fulfilment
Because COVID-19 infection remains a concern in our community, we will screen patients leading up to their appointments by asking a series of health-related questions. Screenings will happen over the phone when we confirm your appointment date and time, and at the practice before your appointment. Here are some of the questions we’ll ask you…
- Do you have fever symptoms?
- Have you felt hot or experienced any chills in the last two weeks?
- Have you experienced any shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties recently?
- Do you have cold symptoms, including a cough, raspy voice, sore throat, or a runny or congested nose?
- Are you experiencing unusual and/or persistent fatigue?
- Do you have – or have you experienced – an ongoing headache in the past two weeks that’s unusual for you?
- Are you experiencing any stomach sensitivities, including diarrhea?
- Do you have pink eye (conjunctivitis) symptoms?
- Have you experienced a loss of taste or smell recently?
Yours in excellent oral health,
The St. Raphael’s Dental Care Team